From Wendy Jones and good 'ole recipe swap. One of my all-time favorite quick dinners (about 15 minutes start to finish), and with almost all essentially shelf-stable ingredients...fresh basil and mozzarella really do add to it. Serves: 3-4
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 can 14.5 oz of Italian-style diced tomatoes
• ½ t oregano
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella
• 1 T fresh basil, chopped
• Salt and freshly-ground pepper
• Angel hair pasta
1. Heat a little olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
2. Add can of tomatoes (do not drain), breaking up larger chunks into smaller pieces. Stir in oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
3. Meanwhile cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
4. Serve tomato sauce on top of pasta. Garnish with mozzarella. Great with a green salad and garlic bread.