Amazing donut holes that come together quickly (less then half an hour). We love them best warm and with cinnamon sugar.
oil ( for frying)
2 cups all-purpose flour,
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oil to 350 degrees. (I used about 1/2 a quart in a 9 inch cast iron skillet)
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon until thoroughly blended.
3. Add oil, milk and egg and mix well.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, drop balls of dough into the hot oil being careful not to overcrowd the pan (about 4 at a time).
5. Fry until light brown on both sides turning once.
6. Drain well on paper towels or brown paper bag.
7. Put in brown paper sack with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and shake to coat. (You can do 1-2 at a time).