My friend from Iowa, Faith Parkinson, passed along this delicious award-winning pie recipe.
• 3 cups fresh blueberries
• 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup butter
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt. Add eggs and sour cream, stirring until blended.
- Place blueberries in pastry shell, and spoon sour cream mixture over berries.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles course meal. Sprinkle this mixture over sour cream mixture and berries in the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes on the middle oven rack or until lightly browned and center is set. If needed, raise the pie up the upper-middle level for an extra 3-5 minutes to set the center. If desired, garnish with additional blueberries and mint leaves.