These are a fabulous cookie with all the flavors of campfire s'mores. From Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
- 1 1/4 cups (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1.75 ounces) light brown sugar
- 8 rectangular graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs, about 1 cup (4 ounces)--divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half (see note)--kitchen sheers work great
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped (or you can use 24 squares broken off of a Hershey bar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets. (make sure you unwrapped the Hershey kisses and pre-cut the marshmallows)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer beat together the butter, sugar and 3/4 cup (3 ounces) of the graham cracker crumbs for 2-3 minutes, until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Measure out about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll the cookie dough ball in the remaining graham cracker crumbs to coat lightly.
- Place the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets, 12 per sheet. Bake one sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are just starting to crack a bit. They should still be soft. Let them cool for a minute or two on the baking sheet.
- Preheat the broiler and make sure an oven rack is about 10-inches below the heating element (too close and the marshmallows will burn). Place a marshmallow half, cut side down, on the top of each cookie and broil the marshmallows, watching closely!, until they are golden brown and soft, 30 seconds or so. Remove from the oven and then working quickly, immediately push a Hershey’s Kiss gently into the center of each soft marshmallow.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie sheet.
- Let the cookies cool until the Hershey’s Kiss has set up again.