3 oz. (small box) of Jell-O* in the following flavors
- Strawberry (can omit this flavor)
- Black Cherry
1. Bring water to boil. Dissolve the lime Jell-O in 1 cup of boiling water in a small bowl with a wire whisk. (Note: always measure the water after you bring it to a boil).
2. The pour out 1/2 cup of the dissolved Jell-O into a seperate mixing bowl. Add 1/3 cup of plain yogurt and whisk together.
3. Then pour the yogurt Jell-O mixture on the bottom of the 9x13 glass pan and place in the fridge.
4. Add 1 T of cold water to the clear Jell-O still in a bowl. Wait 25-30 minutes.
5. Then add the clear Jell-O layer on top of the yogurt Jell-O layer. Wait 25-30 minutes.
6. Repeat steps with each flavor of Jell-O in the order given above finishing with the Black Cherry on top. Serve plain or with cool whip/cream.
*Note, Jell-O brand works better then generic. Also if you want to use Sugar-Free Jell-O it works great with this recipe.
**Lowfat plain yogurt tastes great.
***One more note, NO ONE in my family likes this recipe with a blue Jell-O layer. The artificial "berry blue" flavor is quite overpowering.