These not too sweet and healthy muffins don't sacrifice on taste. Make about 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins.
1 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
Dash of cloves
3 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar OR Honey
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 Medium Apple, peeled and grated (Gala, Pink Lady, Fuji or Golden Delicious are good choices)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Grease muffin tins or line them with muffin cups and fill each cup 3/4 full with the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*These turned out great egg-free. For the egg substitute I did two things. First, I increased the baking powder to 3 tsp. and mixed that in with the dry ingredients. Then in a small bowl I combined 3 Tbsp of warm water with 1 Tbsp of milled flaxseed and microwaved it for about 20 seconds. Stir the water and flaxseed together until the mixture starts to bind and then pour into the wet ingredients. The milled flaxseed helps bind the muffin together and the extra baking powder helps with the leaven.