This is like a grilled cheese sandwich but fancier. The seasoned sour cream really blends all the flavors together. From Jenissa Sealy.
• French or Italian bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (8-12 slices depending on the size of your bread)
• 2 T butter
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ½ t oregano
• ½ t basil
• ¼ t seasoning salt
• 2 T dry chopped onion (I usually omit this)
• 8-12 slices of tomatoes
• 8-12 slices of bacon
• 4 slices of mozzarella or a small handful of Italian blend shredded cheese
1. Butter one side of each slice.
2. Mix sour cream, oregano, basil, seasoning salt, and onion.
3. Spread sour cream mixture on the insides of the slices of bread (the non-buttered side). Then top with bacon, tomatoes, and cheese.
4. Grill sandwiches over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes on each side.