Sunday, March 14, 2010
Maple Pecan Pie
Time: 20 minutes prep time, 40 minutes baking
• 4 eggs
• 2/3 cup sugar
• ½ t salt
• 6 T melted butter
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 1-1½ cups of pecan halves
• 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell, chilled [Note: I have also used a parbaked crust with fantastic results]
1. Shape a pastry shell and chill it in a pie pan.
2. Beat eggs, blend in sugar, salt, butter, and syrup.
3. Place pecans on the bottom of the pie shell until the entire bottom is covered in a monolayer.
4. Pour in syrup mixture.
5. Bake at 375˚F for 15 minutes. Then lower temperature to 350˚F and bake 25 minutes longer (or until center is almost set but still soft).
6. Cool on a cooling rack before serving.