This makes your house smell heavenly and the melt in your mouth juicy barbeque is divine!
Source: Adapted from Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites
Time: 10 minutes prep, Slow Cook for 5-9 hours, Serves: 8-12
• 1½ t garlic salt
• ½ t pepper
• 1 (4-5 lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
(I often only use a 2-3 lb. roast and it still serves 4-8 people).
• 2 T vegetable oil
• 12 oz. (1 can) of any cola-flavored beverage or rootbeer
• 1 (12-oz) bottle of regular chili sauce
• 1 T Worcestershire sauce
• 2 T hot sauce
• 3 T cornstarch
• ¼ cup of water or milk
1. Combine garlic salt and pepper; pat roast dry with a papertowel; then rub salt and pepper over thawed roast. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet.
2. Transfer roast to a 4-quart slow cooker. (Cut roast to fit in slow cooker, if necessary.)
3. Combine cola, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce (and hot sauce)in a bowl; pour over roast.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH 5-6 hours or on LOW 8-9 hours.
5. Remove roast, reserving juices in slow cooker; keep roast warm.
6. Combine cornstarch and water/milk, stirring well [or put them in a jar and shake like crazy until no lumps remain] ; stir into juices in slow cooker.
7. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over roast and/or with mashed potatoes.
*Note: Makes great left-over barbeque sandwiches...if you have leftovers. :o)