These cookies are so amazing. Rich and chocolaty and moist.
3 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use light)
3/4 cup stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup chocolate fudge ice-cream topping (warm if needed to pour-we used Mrs. Richardson's)
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1+ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350. Line cooking sheet with silpat or parchment.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. (If using light cream cheese, take care not to over mix). Add sugars, vanilla, almond extract, eggs, and chocolate fudge. Beat about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until evenly mixed. Fold in chocolate.
4. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be very soft). Cool 5 minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
You can vary the type of chip...we love the white chocolate chips with the bittersweet chocolate. But you could also substitute peanut butter chips for the while chocolate for a peanut butter variation.
These cookies freeze well. You can freeze the dough in dough balls. Or you can freeze the cookies--just separate layers with a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper if you stack them.