Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia

I got this recipe from my friend's blog: My Predilections who adapted it from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.  It's a keeper!  We've made this several times--it's my new go to recipe for fish and a quick healthy delicious dinner.  The Tilapia is a great mild fish.  With this recipe even my pickiest eaters eat it and the rest of us are vying for seconds.

2 pounds tilapia, fresh or thawed from frozen
2/3 cups cornmeal
2 tablespoons paprika (I've also subbed chili powder or chipotle powder in a pinch but used less since they're both spicier).
salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp kosher salt and about 1/4 tsp pepper) 
4-6 tablespoons olive oil, divided.

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large 12 inch skillet heat 2-3 tablespoons oil over medium high heat.
2.  In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, paprika, salt and pepper with a fork or whisk until blended.
3.  Coat each side of the fish fillet in the cornmeal and place in the hot frying pan. (I fit 3-4 at once without crowding). Cook for three minutes. Flip. Cook for three minutes more or until golden brown and crispy. The texture should be firm and will flake a little when you cut into it. Remove to a warm plate.
4.  Repeat with second batch of fish. This recipe makes 8-10 fish fillets.

No comments:

Post a Comment