Note: This is a mild fish dish perfect, for non-fish eaters.
· 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup butter, softened (I usually reduce this to 2 T)
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (low-fat or fat-free works)
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/8 teaspoon celery salt (I omitted this because I didn’t have it on hand)
· 2 pounds tilapia fillets
Preheat your oven's broiler. Line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.
Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Watch closely and be careful not to over cook the fish. Serves 8. from allrecipes.com